But first, don't hate me too much, just thought I'd share the Top Ten Things I Learned last year:
1. Turns out denim on denim is MORE than ok. I trashed it last year and probably the yr before too, but now I'm a convert.
Because no one in the real world, blogger or otherwise, wears black knit skirt suits with high heel pumps (my old uniform when I worked for a high end retailer I won't name), unless maybe they're auditioning for the part of Coco Chanel in a Lifetime movie or running for Congress.
2. Kevin Costner is still HOT. He came out with a bunch of new movies in 2014. I only saw one - but that was enough for me to declare that he still looks damn good.
And while we're at it, why not add Mark Harmon and Harrison Ford to that same list? Am I the only one who feels this way? Say what you want about me having daddy issues, but I don't think I'm alone here.
3. Always wear a hat when you're recuperating from a nose job, just in case someone tries to take your pix and post it on social media. You should also know it takes a full 12 months for one's nose to heal completely after that type of surgery. Just throwing it out there.
4. Even Gwyneth Paltrow takes a bad pix once in a while. Of course, I mean that in the best possible way. #DontSueMe but it makes us regular people feel a little bit better about ourselves when we see a less than perfect photo of a celeb.
5. Go vegetarian and suddenly, pizza becomes your NEW go-to restaurant food. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. In fact, I don't trust anyone who doesn't like pizza. I mean WHO doesn't like frigging pizza?
6. Mimosas are also vegetarian.
7. Don't care how young it MIGHT make me look, I cannot drink a glass of wheat grass juice every day. Gag me with a spoon. Not gonna do it.
8. Speaking of Whole Foods, it's entirely possible - and pretty EASY - to spend thousands and thousands of dollars there in one year. Yes. Thousands. 💵💳💵💳
9. That fancy $110 wrinkle cream you bought yourself for Christmas will end up making you break out. **Sigh**
10. And finally, never ever EVER trust anyone who eats Lipton Cup A Soup. Learned this the horrible (and hard) way this past year...My friend Eugene insists it should be Ramen Noodles, but I totally stand by my Cup A Soup declaration. Wish I could write a whole blog fully explaining everything, but you're just going to have to trust me on this. 😜😜😜
Happy New Year,
Photo Credits: Kevin Costner Photo Courtesy Of Matt Sayles/Invision/AP; Gwyneth Paltrow Photo Courtesy Of Owen Beiny/WENN.com; Both found on Pinterest.