The holidays are a time for celebrating with family and friends. When the party invites start rolling in, a feeling of excitement comes over you as you eagerly respond “Yes!” to each one. However, that feeling begins to fade as your Wednesday night office party begins to cut into present wrapping time, and you realize you can’t make one more batch of Christmas cookies to bring without ripping your hair out.
We get it. Entertaining (or being entertained) during the holidays can sometimes feel more like a chore than a fun event. That’s why we’ve compiled all of our favorite drink recipes that are perfect for sharing with everyone (ok maybe just not the children…). They are easy, quick and can be made the night before so you can grab-and-go and ensure you never show up to a party empty handed. On top of that, they are so delicious they just might make you the talk of the event. All the recipes below are supersized to wet the whistle of a large crowd, but can easily be cut to accommodate a smaller party. Disclaimer: These drinks are so yummy everyone’s going to want them, and you may find yourself invited to Uncle Bob’s Annual Ugly Sweater Party. Unfortunately we can’t help with that - you’re on your own there! But at least you’re guaranteed to have a good buzz going!
1. Champagne Bar - This bubbly, interactive display is guaranteed to get all guests feeling festive. I have a feeling this is going to become my go-to for New Year’s Eve vs. the traditional champagne toast. We talked about this EXTENSIVELY in a blog earlier in October so I won’t bore you with it again, but if you missed it make sure you click here for recipes and ideas.
2. Red Winter Sangria - It’s time to step up wine’s game. As delicious as it is on it’s own, a party calls for a little kick. This recipe has a nice, warm vanilla flavor and is perfectly themed for a Christmas extravaganza. Be careful though, this is so yummy you may down a few glasses before realizing what hit you!
3. Husband Approved Naughty Eggnog - Now, I have another confession to make. I don’t really like eggnog. As someone whose lactose intolerant, I try to stay clear from anything that is creamy. However, my husband LOVES eggnog during the holidays and he assures me this is the best recipe out there. Now this recipe is a little bit more involved than the others because we’re not talking store bought eggnog here, but I have faith in you. This is totally made from scratch and totally worth it (so I’m told).
4. Crockpot Apple Cider - Warm, citrusy and cinnamon-y (is that a word?) this hot drink is just what the doctor ordered on a chilly day. Throw everything together in a crockpot before the party starts and you and your guests will be enjoying the tastes of fall all party long.
5. Sparkling Cranberries - Ok I love champagne so much I just had to add another bubbly recipe to this list. Now, like the egg nog, this one is a little bit more advanced (aka uses a stove). But the red cranberry syrup combined with the sparkling wine looks so pretty it's definitely worth busting out the champagne glasses for. You can also just make the syrup and add it as an addition to your champagne bar if you choose to go with option 1 on this list.
Hopefully these have inspired you to step out of your comfort zone and try something a little different this holiday season. Have your own party drink recipe? We'd love to hear it! Head on over to www.preppearls.com to let us know and check out some of our other great content!