Nevermind The Holiday Haters
Are you one of those people who's counting down the weeks (and finishing all your shopping) in July and August? Or are you more low key about your 'Christmas fever' because you're anxious about backlash and haters (online and IRL)? First of all, F the haters. Second, as someone who started listening to Holiday tunes on Sirius Radio as soon as 'they' started playing on a continuous loop a few weeks back, right there with y-o-u.
So, there's no shame in high key kicking off your fav time of year before the mashed and turkey, especially somewhere like Main Street, EG where you can walk around and window shop, or swipe that plastic, until you're spent. With this in mind then, here are a few of my personal favs and recomms:
- Get yourself a hot beverage at The Nook, which is beyond cute inside and equally as crucial, serves a fine cuppa coffee.
- Next stop, eyeball the vintage-y red bicycle in the front window at The White Elephant. Charming and very Main Street USA-ish.
- Then it's on to The Troll Shop and their windows which are all decked out with Santa, his sleigh, and yes, a reindeer. I'm also partial to any ornaments the resemble a disco ball. (On a side note, I'm reallyyy curious about this place.)
- Another must visit is Bone Appetit, the eco-friendly dog store, because who doesn't like a dog wearing a sweater, surrounded by foliage, while roasting marshmallows? More autumnal than Christmastime, but still completely A-dorable. (Click over to the PattyJDotCom Insta for the video.)
- And make time to visit Sprigs which features a sweet and pretty impressively merchandised mixture of all kinds of plants and gift-y items, including ornaments, lights, cards, and more. You'll be #obsessed. (They also have a shop in Wickford.)
Ciao for Now,
Photo Credits: All photos courtesy of PattyJ.com