@NYFW W/The Line That's A Fav Of The Kardashians & Emily Ratajkowski
What: Alice + Olivia Spring/Summer 2017 Collection Presentation
Who: Designer & Visionary Stacey Bendet
Where: The Gallery at Skylight Clarkson Sq.
Yesterday, for the Alice + Olivia Show, friends, fashion/beauty execs, and famous peeps were ushered into a gallery space converted into a whimsical garden, full of live models (grouped together according to the 7 color stories/themes that make up this Collection), and live music by way of DJ Mia Moretti. Want the key points, to talk about with that style loving friend who always tries to one up you when it comes to all things Fashion with a capital F? Here ya go:
- There were quite a few ladies in the crowd dressed in "Stace Style", sporting printed maxi skirts or dresses (no doubt by A+O) with their hair pulled back into buns or ponies and a dramatic lip or entire makeup look. (Photos of Stacey and someone sporting her signature look above.) The ultimate compliment.
- Most of the models were wearing sunglasses not only because they were in 'Garden', but also because Stacey Bendet & AO have a brand new line of EYEWEAR (NOT for anyone who wants to play the wallflower), including 80's inspired round, oversized cat's eye, and even ones with color blocking.
- Influences: the gardens of Bomarzo in Rome, vintage Italian romance, 18th century tarot cards, the elements (sun, moon, earth, air, and fire),
- The "See Now, Buy Now" trend is a biggie right now. Seen across the board, from just about every designer this time around. (Shout out to anyone who's ever been unhappy about the retail seasons, anyone who's gone in to buy shorts or a bathing suit in August and stumbled upon something called Pre-Fall.) Anyway, A+O had a bunch of sweet "Buy Now, Wear Now" pieces: dresses, jumpsuits, and...
- DENIM. The #LoveYourself capsule collection of jeans w/embellishments on the back pockets was a big hit yesterday. I hear absolutely everyone was congregating in that area. I mean, who doesn't live for an extraordinary pair of blue jeans? (The way it was art directed was also pretty eye catching and played a role for sure.)
- Celebs. No sign of any Kardashians, Jenners or Emily R. in the 'Garden', but other luminaries were spotted. Christina Milian and Whitney Port for starters. (And all the celebs had their pic snapped in front of the tarot inspired backdrop, in the photo above, b/c of that 18th century tarot card influence on SB while she was working on this Collection.)
PS - It's not recommended to come almost shoulder-to-shoulder with the designer and then, shout out (excitedly), "Oh, I have to get a PICTURE!"
Photo Credits: All photos courtesy of PattyJ.com