One Way To Celebrate Cooler Temps, Whether You're A Fan Of DST Or Not
Yeah, we got that extra hour of zzz's yesterday...in exchange for being in total darkness by 5:05pm every evening for the next 6 months (Guess that doesn't matter to the early risers among us, who apparently adore Daylight Saving Time!). And those unseasonably warm temps of late do appear to be gonesville this week (The ppl always posting about relocating to places where there's no snow absolutely love those 70+ degree days in Oct & Nov!).
But let's look on the bright side for a sec, k? One of the things I like most about this time of year is the clothing. November usually means sweater weather, which in case you were wondering, also includes fuzzy scarves, comfy socks, and soft sweatshirts. Too many cozy options, and if we're really being honest here, there's always room for more! I mean, I continue to be mystified by anyone who can be truly happy within the confines of a capsule wardrobe, but whatevs.
So, in the spirit of Fall shopping and the excitement it can bring, I'm partnering with my friends at Fat Face in Garden City Center to give away something pretty special - a $75 gift certificate for one lucky winner to use and enjoy at their Cranston, RI location. (Spoiler Alert: If you're not already on Instagram, this is a terrific time to get onboard the IG train because it's a key part of our giveaway.)
Here's how to enter:
- Follow both @PattyJDotCom and @FatFace_GardenCity on Insta.
- Next, tag 3 friends who love Fall shopping and cozy clothes in the comments under my most recent Fat Face post (annoucing this contest, how to enter) from Sunday, Nov 5th.
Contest runs thru Sunday, Nov 12th. Winner will be drawn by Fat Face on 11/13 and subsequently, announced over on the PattyJ Instagram. All entrants must make their accounts public, so that we may verify you're following us. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Not sponsored, endorsed or administered by Instagram or associated with it.
A Few Of Favs
Shoutout to the wonderful people over at Fat Face GC for inviting me in to shop their Fall 2017 offerings. Here are several of my top picks, as well as what I'm still coveting.
- The Alicia Hoodie ($75) - Throw it on with jeggings or your best/worst (?) distressed denim for your next coffee run. It elevates your hoodie game, and it's also washable, which is a huge plus in my world.
- Poppy Brushed Plain Scarf ($40) - I bought a similar scarf from another store last year and it started pilling (one of my biggest pet peeves everrr) immediately. Happy to report that I've been wearing this one almost non-stop and it still looks brand new.
- Loungewear - The change of season this year has me gravitating toward cute cas(ual) pieces I can wear around the house on those colder nights when all I want to do is cancel plans. And focus my attention on escapist tv shows, stirring up some tea or hot chocolate, and complaining about how it gets dark way too early now. That being said, Fat Face has a swell selection of pj's and other stuff (There was one plush robe!) that had me obsessing.
Photo Credits: Additional photos courtesy of Fat Face USA.