You've probably signed up for at least one monthly subscription box at some point. Forget those others for a sec though because this one - the Box Of Fate, courtesy of the RI-based designers at The Art Of Fate - is special. For a long list of reasons, topped by the fact that absolutely everything inside has been made, or offered, by a local (Rhody or MA based) artisan, crafter, herbalist or beauty professional. Fan-tastic (as in you'll be a fan), right?
From the eco-minimalist exterior to the personalized note card with a thoughtful overview of the contents to the emphasis on giving back (Ex: non-profit One Tree Planted will do just that for every single box sold.), the attention to detail is immediately obvious. The centerpiece of the Box? Two terrif pairs of Calcite mineral (from Mexico, but sourced at a shop in nearby Smithfield, RI.) studs, for ramping up the style factor and the good vibes in your life. (Apparently, Calcite = positive vibes, and who doesn't need more of those?)
It's also a wonderful way to sample other locally made products and new services without having to do the legwork. In other words, everything's already been curated for you! All you have to do is unwrap and enjoy.
*This Box Of Fate also contained:
- Pink Rosebuds picked at Moonstone by the herbalists at PVD's Farmacy Herbs. They can be used as either a sachet or for tea. (Is that great or what?)
- Fresh|Face botanical toner, a best selling blend of rosemary, sage, and tea tree oil, courtesy of herbalist and acupuncturist Dr. Elizabeth Collins of Infinity Apothecary. Perfect as a post workout, or on the go, refresher for your skin.
- Oatmeal Honey Soap for the bath or shower. Attleboro, Ma-based Pretty Practical Soaps cures each and every batch by hand and that's a very good thing.
- Instant (Columbian) Coffee Cubes from Violet's Coffee. Use them for your cuppa morning joe or dip them in chocolate for a treat day snack.
- A 20% off discount card from La La Luxe Salon, so your hair will be on point this Spring.
**For more deets, find @boxoffate on Twitter and Instagram, the Box Of Fate business page on Facebook or click over to www.boxoffate.com.
Photo Credits: All photos courtesy of PattyJ.com