Packet PVD was originally conceived as a promotion for my design firm, but the products became so popular that they took on a life of their own. I started an independant shop: Packet PVD for our heirloom seed kits, cheer flower tincture, and other gifts. Our design team (Sarah Verity, Danikqwa Rambert, and I) create the kind of products that we want to give as gifts to friends, family, clients, ourselves! We love simple, useful and beautiful objects and are always looking for small ways to make people’s lives better.
The seed kits are perfect for the urban gardener; they come with seeds, paper pots, growing directions, and a wooden crate to hold the pots. We chose the heirloom vegetable and herb seeds because they pose a minimal challenge for the novice gardener and can be successfully grown indoors or out in almost any US climate. Plus the paper pots are biodegradable - great for starting seeds on a windowsill and then going straight into the ground or to a bigger pot when the seedlings sprout.
At Packet PVD, we’re all about maintaining a balance of healthy, mindful living with the occasional indulgence. Here are a few of our Rhode Island faves:
- Neutaconkanut Hill Conservancy - miles of trails and great view of the city
- Downtown Parks Conservancy - creative events and conserving green space in urban areas
- Calm-a-mama - unique botanical tinctures that combine traditional herbal extracts with flower essences (and mixologist behind our cheer tincture)
- Emerging Energy Acupuncture / Pearl Apothecary - healing and self-care
- Ken's Ramen - our favorite lunch spot
- Studio Lore - beautiful collection of New England-based artists
- Durks - decadent bbq
We’re super excited to team up with Asterluxe at 381 Broadway, Providence RI 02909 for our first Trunk Show March 11 in Providence from 12-6pm. Come visit us!
Photo Credits: All photos courtesy of Packet PVD