Ralph. Tory. Iman. Kendall. Last night's guest list was epic (That word gets over-used these days, but it's totes appropriate here.), with VIP's from the worlds of fashion, beauty, and entertainment, many who need only be referred to by their first name. (Is THAT the true test of fame?) They were out last night at the Rainbow Room in NYC to celebrate a major milestone - the 150th Anniversary of Harper's Bazaar, America's very first fashion mag (You have seen Audrey and Fred in Funny Face, haven't you? That movie was an homage to HB during the Diana Vreeland years. If not, find it on Netflix as soon as poss.). Still pinching myself about having been in attendence actually, but I did notice a few things that I thought might be useful if and when you score your own dream invite to a similarly spectacular soiree. So, here goes:
- Terry Richardson, uber controversial fashion photog, can wear whatever the f he wants. (Photo above.)
- Most A Listers do NOT wear black to events like this. In fact, you could spot so many of the VIP's last night because they wear wearing vibrant colors (Stacey Bendet of Alice & Olivia for one), prints (Tory Burch) or even a green puffer vest and sneakers (See #1). **Except for Kris Jenner...She wore head to toe black and looked lovely. Of course, she was there to support daughter Kendall's appearance in conjunction with HER current Harper's cover.**
- Timing really is everything. We may not have gotten to take a selfie with Kendall (Fact: Absolutely everyone wanted a photo of, or with, her.), but we did get some incredible shots of the Harper's Bazaar images being projected onto (the north side of) the Empire State Building, directly across from our primo window spot.
- A Listers do not stay past 9-9:30pm. Hate to break it to the crowd that had gathered down on the sidewalk in front of the entrance around 10pm, but Kendall and Ralph and Demi (Moore, not Lovato) were all long gone.
- **Bonus** 6' tall (late teen?) models are the only ones who can carry off retro-inspired shiny silk/satin gowns. We rode down in the elevator with a few of these practically perfect creatures. (Only slightly jelly.) Note: Shiny shows any and all bumps, lumps, and perceived flaws.
Ciao for Now,
Photo Credits: All photos courtesy of PattyJ.com