5 Behind The Seams Secrets From The Free People Photo Shoot
Last week, Nicole and I were invited as special guests to a Free People photo shoot in Newport. Let's be serious, the fact that neither of us have ever been to a 'real' shoot, nevermind it was Free People - we were FREAKING EXCITED! #understatement
Today, we're sharing our Top 5 Secrets from the FP Shoot:
1. The shoot was at The Chanler at Cliff Walk, a true hidden gem in the Ocean State. If you want the perfect overnight stay or date night with your hubby, wifey, girlfriend, boyfriend or thang on the side - go there! ;)
2. Free People actually uses their employees as models. All of the ladies were very M-O-D-E-L-Y, beautiful inside and out too! They were also pretty jazzed to get to wear the boho chic Spring/Summer 2016 styles.
3. FP brought in a makeup artist from By Terry, a luxe French line from the woman who created cult fav Touche Eclat for YSL. The line is only available in a handful of high-end stores (ex: Barneys) in the US.
4. As for the photographer, she wasn't the stereotypical, in-your-face photog, barking out editorial comments like 'Beautiful!', 'Gorgeous!!!', 'More of that!' She was a class act with an understated yet totally effective approach. Her photos are def to die for. Find her on Instagram @Indigo_Violet.
5. We also met an undergrad from RISD who's already been featured in VOGUE. Cool beans, right?
*All styles in these pics available at your local Free People or online. We're obsessed with the Bianca Jacket, the one with all those silver and gold sequins and beads.
The Patty J Team
Photo Credits: All pics courtesy of PattyJ.com