This Local Street Is Just Perf For A September Outing With Your Squad
Between the sea of back to school updates on social (Over in the UK, Princess Charlotte and Prince George went back today too, and I know this because there were about a gazillion posts about it over on Twitter.) and that sudden urge to start switching over closets to sweaters and closed shoes (Nights. Are. Getting. Chilly.) you might be struggling with right now, think we can agree that the transition to all things autumnal has begun.
Now, if you’re looking to kick off a pre-fall-down-time tour with your crew going forward, one destination to keep on your radar is Main Street EG. Whether you’re in the mood for some coffee, window shopping, or cocktails, MSEG has all that and lots more. (Side Bar: Sam Waterston of Law & Order - and Grace & Frankie - fame was spotted recently at Raw Bob’s Juicery, so you really never know WHO you might run into there.) So, start with these five (5) essential spots and then, see where the mood takes you.
1) A coffee in the am or a seasonal cocktail in the pm at Main Street Coffee is an absolute must do. Sit back and indulge in some people watching or catch up with your friends at this East Greenwich hot spot. There’s also a fireplace in the back room for ramping up the cozy.
2) Check out the front window at The White Elephant (not to be confused with the resort in Nantucket). Their curated selection of refurbished treasures is always a treat for the eyes.
3) Then there’s the The Troll Shop. Their windows are usually decked with all kinds of unexpected and unusual items. A great conversation starter to be sure. PS ~ I remain, as always, pretty curious about this place.
4) A must visit for every pet pawrent is Bone Appetit, the eco-friendly dog store. Treats, cold weather gear, and even more bark-tastic stuff for the good boy in your life.
5) Make time to visit Sprigs which features an impressively merchandised selection of all kinds of plants (ideal for that person in your life who’s fully embraced the houseplant trend of the last few years) and gifty items those fall birthdays coming up. PS - They also have a shop in Wickford Village.