Style Diary: 24 Hours In NYC
This week, we spent 24 hours in NYC. Here's a special behind the scenes look at a few of the highlights.
1. First and foremost, we promoted the blog. We're nothing if not dedicated.
Speaking of subscribing to PattyJ.com, did you know that if you have ten of your friends subscribe by November 27, 2014 at midnight, you'll be entered into a drawing to win a $100 Garden City Gift Certificate? No purchase necessary. List of ten subscribers must be emailed to Patty@PattyJ.com by midnight 11/27/14. Winner will be drawn and announced on PattyJ.com on November 28, 2014.
2. We shopped. (If you thought the video was good, this part is even better. Trust me on this.)
Call me bandwagon, but can I tell you how much I adore the flagship Uniglo store on 5th Avenue and I'm not just saying that because they have a Starbucks on the 2nd level or because they've relaunched their collaboration with one of my all time favorite designers - and the absolute queen of the cool minimalist aesthetic - Jil Sander. It's a line called +J and it's billed as 'luxury basics', but it's so much more than that.
After practically chugging a grande skim latte on 2, I literally ran off in search of something from JS. Wasn't sure exactly what though because the flagship Uniglo has a helluva selection of everything you could imagine or want (for women, men and kids too) and this was my first visit there. A friend was recently gushing all about their $89.90 parkas (and from what I saw, they are worthy of being gushed about), but I, however, fell head over heels for this grey wrap coat from +J. (You should also know that the whole Uniglo + Jil Sander thing was so wildly popular previously that "they" brought it back again just last month. Yeah, I'm telling you it's THAT good.)
Ok, now let me break down the key points of the coat for you:
- This is the kind of coat I (and you!) can throw over a long sleeve tee, jeans and heels and look pretty stylish in - like I (and you) tried way harder than we actually did. Perfect for those days when you have zero energy, but don't want to go out looking like a slob either. Tip: You need at least one winter coat like this in your closet. Seriously.
- I bet you already own at least 1-2 black winter jackets or coats. Maybe more. I do. Grey is such a fab alternative because it's different without being too coo coo crazy. In other words, it won't give you that bad case of buyer's remorse that you might get from buying a canary yellow or cobalt blue overcoat - as in #WhatWasIThinking.
- Really wanted to title this blog OMG! I Finally Own Something From Jil Sander, but I was cautioned against it. Whatever. And as per usual, my only regret is not buying more.
Until we meet again,