Tax time, huh? I hope you're getting a few bucks back, so that you can get your shop on this spring. And if anyone hassles you about it, you could tell them you're doing your part to help the economy. (You care too much - That's the real issue!) Or, even better, just pretend you're suddenly getting a call and walk away, while gesturing wildly in the direction of your cell and mouthing 'I'm sorry. I have to take this!' (That last part is super important btw. Now, I'm Tori Spelling bad at acting, but pretty sure that you'll be able to pull it off.) So, don't pay attention to those naysayers (after all, #hatersgonnahate), but do listen to these savvy, and snazzy, PattyJ.com contributors. They have 12 more awesome sauce spots in the Ocean State for you to obsess over this season and beyond.
- "Located in scenic downtown Bristol, this cozy and eclectic shop is one stop shopping at its best! While tiny in size, Kate and Company manages to be filled with great items for the home, including: Thymes candles, Stonewall Kitchen items, glassware, the best (and some hilarious) cocktail napkins, throws, chocolates, and unique jewelry (including RI's Kiel James Patrick's designs). You will also find a great selection of fashion forward and contemporary clothing and accessories perfect for everyday or a special occasion." Leslie Tente, Exceptional Baker, Cook & Crafter
- "I love to shop old and new styles at LOLA Boutique on North Main. Lots of really cool, one of a kind treasures can be found there." Lynne Diamante, CEO at OPTX Rhode Island, Attorney, Celebrity Stylist & Designer of blueLove sunglasses
- "I hardly cheat on my own business and outfit myself daily in clothes that are my own original designs or from Gossip or Beatnik (I do love the special Vintage Loves line at Beatnik!), but I do frequent Teddy Bearskins for kids clothes and support local artists like Indigo Clarke & Jon Campbell (also sold at Beatnik) whenever I need a cool personal gift." Janelle Feigley, Boho Mama, Stylist, Designer & Owner of Gossip Inc.
- "Consignment shopping has always been one of my favorite things. Love all the great buys...The dress I'm wearing to my nephew's wedding next weekend is from a consignment shop. I found it years ago. It's a timeless classic - a long black rayon off-the-shoulder gown by Six Fourteen (Not sure if this designer is even around anymore?)" Mary Colburn, Yogi & Bargain Shopping Demi-Goddess [Patty J favs include The French Bulldog, where a recent contributor found a mint condition St. John jacket for around $100, and The Find On 6 for furnishings, accessories, and great trinkets.]
- "I like Berk's for its selection of cute summer sandals, boots under $50, and the occasional perfect dress. As a matter of fact, I once scored a lookalike Marni Bird Dress there." LaToya Lewis, Lifestyle Blogger & Retail Manager Extraordinaire [Click here for LaToya's blog.]
- "One of my new favorite places to shop in Rhode Island is The Boutique at Magnolia in Cranston. They carry everything from Loren Hope to John Medeiros jewelry and just released their new spring collection, which is perfect for work or a weekend out." Lindsay R., Instagram Celeb & Stylish RI'er
- "East Greenwich is another charming place to shop. If you're looking for the perfect hostess or bridal gift as well as locally designed jewelry, fashion accessories, and home decor, you will find it at The Green Door. Owner and visual display artist, Susan Swanson, also creates one-of-a-kind silk floral designs for the home. She will even visit your home to help create the perfect custom design." **Another fab pick from contributor Leslie Tente**
- "Of course, as an author and writer, I'm an avid reader and spending an hour - or a few - finding my next treasure at an actual bookstore is as pleasurable for me as diving into a great book. My favorite shop is Books on the Square. It really has something for everyone and the staff is so pleasant and helpful. They really encourage you to take your time discovering the magic of books." Rebecca Keister, Author of the new book 100 Things To Do In Providence Before You Die
- "I've been brushing up on my #profstyle, given how well-attired college students tend to be around here. Zuzu's Petals on Main Street has helped me up my game with some gems from Shoshanna and Tibi. Bonus that both of these frocks came from the sale rack!" Hilary Levey Friedman, Writer, Sociologist, Wife & Mom
Ciao for Now,
*All shopping and store recommendations courtesy of RI'ers who have been spotlighted in the weekly My RI Life feature on this blog.
**Photo Credit: Thumbnail photo courtesy of carton_king/iStock / Getty Images