My RI Life: Guisela Pinto Caballero, Psychotherapist, Coach & Inspirational Speaker
- Born in Bolivia
- Grew up in Providence (from age 5 on)
- Master's in social work from Rhode Island College
- I love Latin dance. (My body needs to move regularly. I also like to get outside whenever possible. Walking, jogging, riding my bike, and dancing are a few of my favorite ways to move...Yes, most of the Bolivian dances I participate in are part of parades and outdoor festivals.)
I have worked as a psychotherapist for the past 14 years, 8 of those in my own practice. Over the past 2 years, I've expanded my services to include empowerment coach and motivational speaker, working with women from all walks of life (including many entrepreneurs) to guide them toward realizing their worth and potential. I do this by connecting them to their essence, what is truly amazing about them. This helps liberate them from what they think they should be doing and moves them toward the life they truly desire.
- Las Delicias Bakery (Atwells Ave in Providence) and Julianna’s Restaurant (Hartford Ave in Prov.) for anything Bolivian I may be craving
- BlendPVD for exquisite Latin American food and music
- Wildflour Vegan Bakery for fresh squeezed carrot juice and a delicious cortado
- Pastiche still wins for best desserts and great coffee!
- 10 Rocks Tapas Bar & Restaurant for a potent but delicious Caipirinha (Brazil’s national cocktail)
- Love shopping at J Marcel on Hope Street! I always find great birthday gifts and last minute apparel.
- I don’t go to the movies much but when I do, I enjoy going to Cinema World in Lincoln for blockbusters and to the Avon Cinema on Thayer St for independent or foreign films.